President el-Sisi also thanked all of the nations who have supported Egypt during this tragic time, and started his press conference with a moment of silence for the 66 people who lost their lives in the crash.
The ship can possibly detect signals deeper than approximately 5,000 feet, but that can depend on the strength of the signal and the direction of signals, the French Navy said.
Unconfirmed reports about flight data from the Airbus plane that disappeared while flying from Paris to Cairo in the early hours of Thursday local time pointed to several problems that its veteran pilot may have struggled with minutes before the crash.
The vessel, which has been enlisted from Egypt's oil ministry, has been sent to search the seabed of the Mediterranean, Egypt's President said.
Egyptian Foreign Minister Sameh Shoukry said the search - which has already yielded "pieces of the aircraft, body parts, belongings of the deceased" will continue until the black boxes are found.
On Saturday, French investigators said the plane sent multiple automated messages indicating smoke had been detected on board in the minutes before the crash.
"EgyptAir 804, contact Padova 1-2-0, decimal 7-2-5, good night", a Swiss air traffic controller can be heard saying, according to Liveatc.net. The short range of the signal can make it hard to detect underwater, and the black boxes could be resting on the seabed at a depth of over 11,000 feet.
Data indicates the plane was on fire before it plummeted into the Mediterranean. The alerts don't necessarily mean a fire took place on the plane or that the crew knew about the alerts, which are transmitted automatically, aviation experts have said.
- Microsoft Is Demolishing Its Smartphone Business
- First bacteria resistant to all antibiotics found in U.S. woman
- 500 migrants saved from drowning
- Prince William, Duchess Kate Middleton Attends Queen Elizabeth's 90th Birthday Celebration
- 'Drudge Report' Chooses Unique Photo To Announce News Of Cosby Trial
- Manchester Unitedtd top all-time Premier League prize money chart
- MacBook Pro 2016, Surface Book 2 Release Date Delayed?
- IRS warns of latest scam variation involving bogus 'federal student tax'
- NFL Awards 2021 Super Bowl LV to Los Angeles
- Microsoft denies forcing Windows 10 upgrade