Rumors about Microsoft's Xbox One VR play have not been consistent regarding when we're likely to see an official announcement.
The logical next step is virtual reality, what with the PlayStation VR arriving later this year, and a major development studio has confirmed to Ars Technica that it does indeed have an Xbox One VR title in the works for a planned 2017 launch. They will be showing it next month during the highly awaited gaming convention E3 2016.
Ars Technica reported that there would be a VR game for the Xbox One in 2017.
Though both Microsoft and Oculus have collaborated to offer a bundled pack, there is a chance that the VR game could also pave the way for another Microsoft product, the HoloLens.
The reason this stands out is that the Xbox One category is hidden on the main category list, but it looks like someone forgot to do that on the individual exhibitor pages, as you can see from our SUPER PROFESSIONAL GRAPHIC. Both Sony and Xbox are tied up to a possible new Xbox One game console, but those expectations were taken up a notch with the injection of a third member tagged as a "well-known European studio".
The PS4 would just play games made for the console and your older PS3 games were of no use unless you paid to play via the PlayStation Now subscription and that too only for a select number of games. The Xbox One system to be released in the last quarter of the year will allegedly be smaller and more compact than the current gaming system by Microsoft. PS4 Neo will reportedly house a more powerful GPU, CPU and have 4K resolution capable of supporting VR gaming, Digital Trends noted.
After the PS4 convincingly won 2014 over Xbox One, Microsoft seemed desperate to turn things around in 2015.
- Microsoft Backtracks Over 'Sneaky' Windows 10 Upgrade Notification
- 'Drudge Report' Chooses Unique Photo To Announce News Of Cosby Trial
- NFL Awards 2021 Super Bowl LV to Los Angeles
- Manchester Unitedtd top all-time Premier League prize money chart
- First bacteria resistant to all antibiotics found in U.S. woman
- IRS warns of latest scam variation involving bogus 'federal student tax'
- Microsoft Is Demolishing Its Smartphone Business
- Microsoft denies forcing Windows 10 upgrade
- PI: Defense Attorney Said Casey Anthony Did It
- Prince William, Duchess Kate Middleton Attends Queen Elizabeth's 90th Birthday Celebration