The problem began on Tuesday evening and continued into Wednesday morning. The second, longer term fix, is being deployed throughout our infrastructure and is approximately 80% complete.
The last update that the service page reported was, "We've implemented both the fixes throughout the affected infrastructure, which has mitigated impact". "Some users may be receiving excessive spam mail", the company said, adding that it is now working on two fixes for the problem, the first of which will "provide short term relief preventing spam reaching your inbox".
"Getting a spam/junk email about every minute into my main inbox", tweeted Ben Nelson.
However, one Reddit user was able to see the amusing side.
'Look at all these great deals I've been missing out on for years!' wrote one.
Angry users flocked to show their annoyance on Reddit and Twitter, and Microsoft started an incident response event on the company's Office 365 Server Status page to investigate the issues.
- Org Maharashtra CET Result 2016 MHT CET Score Card Declared @ www
- Endangered gorilla killed after boy falls into zoo cage
- Microsoft makes Dona Sarkar head of Windows 10 Insider Program
- Male victim in Mesa shooting stopped truck at scene
- Microsoft Surface Phone Image Leaked: Three Variants Are Confirmed!
- Microsoft Surface Phone Won't Have An Expiry Date
- Windows 10 Mobile OS Update Released For Nokia Lumia Phones
- Kenneth Amyx 'murders Jennifer Streit-Spears, posts photo on Facebook'
- Surface Phone Leaked Photo Reveals Its Key Specs And Features
- Kid destroys $15000 Lego creation, but that's not the worst part