Sábado, 29 Abril 2017
Ultimas noticias
Casa » Woman Dies After Kissing Boyfriend Who Ate Peanut Butter Sandwich

Woman Dies After Kissing Boyfriend Who Ate Peanut Butter Sandwich

10 Junio 2016

In 2012, the 20-year-old Montreal woman went to a party with her new boyfriend before the couple went back to his house to spend the night.

Unaware that Ducre-Lemay had a severe peanut allergy, the boyfriend went downstairs and fixed himself a peanut butter sandwich as a late-night snack, according to the Daily Mail.

Shockingly, within minutes of kissing her boyfriend, Myriam started suffering from shortness of breath. She didn't have her EpiPen, which is used for emergency treatment of anaphylaxis, and her state rapidly deteriorated. Paramedics administered a dose of epinephrine but she suffered cardiopulmonary arrest on the way to the hospital, CTV News reported.

"We must insist on the bracelet", said Micheline, who said that her daughter usually carried her EpiPen with her, and that everyone - except her new boyfriend - knew about her situation. "If she had had the Medic-Alert bracelet, her boyfriend would have seen it before [the situation occurred]".

"She always lived a normal life", her mother said.

“You have to say, 'Listen guys, I have food allergies, I have my EpiPen. "If there's a problem, help me, '" Christine added.

The coroner's report also stated that Myriam believed her allergies had lessened over time.

 

 

Woman Dies After Kissing Boyfriend Who Ate Peanut Butter Sandwich