The new Wallet app will likely become available in the summer when Microsoft will release the Windows 10 (Mobile) Anniversary Update.
When first launched, the Wallet 2.0 app will check to see if you have any cards already linked to your Microsoft Account. After a quick Bluetooth sync, use this app to unlock your Windows 10 computer at work.
According to Windows Central's Daniel Rubino, he was able to associate his debit card with his Lumia 950, and successfully made a payment using the NFC tap-to-pay functionality in the Windows 10 Mobile Anniversary Update.
The NFC option works not only with (some) credit and/or debit cards, but apparently also with Loyalty cards, and the now available list of merchants includes Best Buy, Eddie Bauer, Lowe's, Office Depot, Safeway, and a number of others, some 45 in all.
Windows Central was able to get a debit card to work with the new app, but other credit cards didn't work, and it's up to the bank or financial institution to set up Tap to Pay on their end in order for a card to be processed.
About this, the company declared that the list of available phones does not include some models that now run the Windows 10 Mobile in the Insider program.
The Windows 10 Mobile OS update came out for the users of many older Nokia Lumia phones such as Lumia 1520, 930, 640, 640XL, 730, 735, 830, 532, 535, 540, 635 1GB, 636 1GB, 638 1GB, 430, 435, BLU Win HD w510u, BLU Win HD LTE x150q, and the MCJ Madosma Q501 devices.
- Saracens Complete Historic Double With Exeter Win
- Microsoft makes Dona Sarkar head of Windows 10 Insider Program
- Microsoft rolls out Windows 10 Mobile 'Redstone' build 14356
- Woman Dies After Kissing Boyfriend Who Ate Peanut Butter Sandwich
- Kid destroys $15000 Lego creation, but that's not the worst part
- Miners find 500-year-old shipwreck filled with gold in desert
- Gorilla Shot at Cincinnati Zoo After Child Falls Into Enclosure
- Microsoft Surface Phone Won't Have An Expiry Date
- What we know about Omar Mateen, suspected Orlando nightclub shooter
- Microsoft's Outlook and Hotmail spam filters are now broken