Microsoft has confirmed that the current inventory levels of its Surface 3 tablet are "now limited".
The Surface 3 first launched back in May of 2015 as a more affordable 2-in-1 created to attract students and those who might have gravitated more toward an iPad instead of a full-blown laptop.
The delay of the latest operating system version has also reportedly affected the release of the company's other Windows 10 devices, namely the Surface Book 2 and the Surface Pro 5.
According to the International Business Times, the delay may also have been caused by Microsoft trying to coincide the release of the tablet with the release of Windows 10 Redstone 2.
One of the reasons why the Redmond giant is delaying the release of Surface Book 2 is that it is waiting for the release of Intel's next generation Kaby Lake processors. One of my sources recently said that Microsoft officials have gone back and forth as to when to introduce a Surface 3 successor.
Indeed, these stock and distribution issues do point to the fact that there was a much more limited production run (certainly initially) with the Surface Book. Moreover, in order to take advantage of the touch screen display, a new, rechargeable Surface Pen may also be included. However, based on my estimates, these Surface devices couldn't have sold in large numbers, so they likely wouldn't have affected the rankings much had AdDuplex made a decision to include older versions of Windows in the pool.
However, a new report by the cross-promotion network AdDuplex shares some light on the matter, giving us a usage share breakdown for the six most popular Surface devices, including the most expensive and controversial of the bunch, the Surface Book. Best Buy actually has the 128GB model on sale, down to $450 from the original $600 pricetag.
- Microsoft Exec Says Their Next Phone Will Be A High-End Model
- Microsoft makes it easier to perform clean install of Windows 10
- Chill coffee beans for a more flavorsome brew, say scientists
- Woman Dies After Kissing Boyfriend Who Ate Peanut Butter Sandwich
- Is Microsoft clearing out the warehouse for a new Surface tablet?
- Donald Trump Renews Muslim Ban: Will 'Suspend Immigration'
- Microsoft Surface Book, Microsoft Surface Pro 4 Updated
- Opec points to oil demand exceeding production
- Saracens Complete Historic Double With Exeter Win
- Microsoft just pulled the plug on the Xbox One TV DVR feature