Today, Microsoft confirmed that the company will stop manufacturing the Surface 3 by December 2016, which means you may not be able to get your hands-on a new Surface 3 next year.
Unlike the first two generations, this model sports an x86-based Atom processor from Intel and the full-blown version of Windows 10.
Some variants of the Surface 3 has been out of stock on the Microsoft Store for a little while now.
The Surface Pro 5 is expected to be launched alongside the long rumored Surface Phone.
It could do just about anything that a Surface Pro could... only it would do it more slowly. Newer Surface Pro 5 devices are expected to arrive with Nvidia Pascal or AMD Polaris GPUs so they'll be quite the gaming devices.
However, this may end up being the only change to the Microsoft Surface Pro 5.
The Microsoft Surface Pro 5 does have superb looks and recently a patent did suggest that the device is going to offer a rechargeable stylus with a magnetic connection.
Indeed, these stock and distribution issues do point to the fact that there was a much more limited production run (certainly initially) with the Surface Book.
However, a new report by the cross-promotion network AdDuplex shares some light on the matter, giving us a usage share breakdown for the six most popular Surface devices, including the most expensive and controversial of the bunch, the Surface Book. They were low-priced alternatives for Surface Pro, and showcased Windows on devices that ran on ARM-based processors. It's also packed with a full-size USB 3.0 port, a mini DisplayPort, a microSD card reader, and a connector for the keyboard cover (sold separately). Best Buy actually has the 128GB model on sale, down to $450 from the original $600 price tag.
- Woman Dies After Kissing Boyfriend Who Ate Peanut Butter Sandwich
- Is Microsoft clearing out the warehouse for a new Surface tablet?
- Microsoft to release Windows 10 Mobile version of Authenticator app
- What we know about Omar Mateen, suspected Orlando nightclub shooter
- Chill coffee beans for a more flavorsome brew, say scientists
- Miners find 500-year-old shipwreck filled with gold in desert
- Microsoft Exec Says Their Next Phone Will Be A High-End Model
- Opec points to oil demand exceeding production
- Donald Trump Renews Muslim Ban: Will 'Suspend Immigration'
- Older Nokia Lumia Windows Phone Devices Get Windows 10 — Microsoft Corporation