Alexandre Lacazette has never been interested by the prospect of joining West Ham, but could be forced to move if Lyon President Jean Michel Aulas feels that the offer is too good to turn down.
Lacazette missed out on inclusion in Didier Deschamps's France squad for Euro 2016 on home soil, despite scoring 23 goals in 43 appearances for Lyon last season, with Deschamps instead choosing to include Arsenal striker Olivier Giroud, Bayern Munich's Kingsley Coman, Manchester United's Anthony Martial and Andre-Pierre Giognac of Mexican side Tigres.
Lyon, however, will hold the upper hand in negotiations as the Frenchman still has three years left on his current contract.
Arsenal are likely to face a stiff competition, from both England and Spain, in the pursuit of the Frech striker.
Last season's Champions League runners-up Atletico Madrid, who are looking for a replacement for the 32-year-old Fermando Torres, have also shown interest in Lacazette.
The asking price for Lacazette is said to be about £45 million.
- Microsoft Exec Says Their Next Phone Will Be A High-End Model
- Microsoft Is Buying Wands Labs For An Undisclosed Sum
- Should Microsoft release a successor to Surface 3?
- Is Microsoft clearing out the warehouse for a new Surface tablet?
- Top 10 moments of 'The Bachelorette' - S12 E6
- Microsoft Surface Book, Microsoft Surface Pro 4 Updated
- Microsoft makes it easier to perform clean install of Windows 10
- Microsoft announces .NET Core for MacOS and Linux
- Windows Phone not dead, Microsoft's next phone to be category innovating
- Microsoft in Hot Water over Automatic Windows 10 Updates