A Minnesota traffic stop turned deadly Wednesday evening as a police officer opened fire on an auto passenger.
Philando Castile, 32, died Thursday night after being shot several times by a police officer in a suburb outside St. Paul, Minn., police confirmed.
Ms. Reynolds is then pulled out of the vehicle and handcuffed and the video continues while her phone is on the ground. Reynolds' four-year-old daughter was also present when the shooting happened.
Reynolds says that when the officer asked Castile if he had a gun, Castile said yes. "He was trying to get his ID and his wallet out his pocket, and he let the officer know that he had a firearm and was reaching for his wallet, and the officer just shot him in his arm".
Castile was told to provide identification, Reynolds says in the video, at which point the police officer shot Castile. "The officer said don't move".
Facebook has since taken the video down. It shows an unconscious Castle with blood all over his white t-shirt.
Though we no longer see Reynolds, we hear her agonized pleas.
"You told him to get his ID, sir, and his license", Reynolds responds.
"Oh my God, please don't tell me he's dead". To make this incident even more heartbreaking, her four-year-old daughter was in the back seat of the auto when the horrific incident went down and is heard in the background crying. "I'll keep my hands where they are".
In another part of the video, Reynolds has been removed from the vehicle. She is then ordered to get on her knees.
The video of the immediate aftermath of the shooting is being circulated online.
The Minnesota Bureau of Criminal Apprehension is investigating the incident, WCCO reports.
The Falcon Heights shooting came as details were still being worked out in the shooting of unarmed Alton Sterling in Baton Rouge, Louisiana.
Note: The video shown in this story is graphic in nature.
- Opec points to oil demand exceeding production
- Microsoft makes it easier to perform clean install of Windows 10
- Microsoft Surface Book, Microsoft Surface Pro 4 Updated
- Microsoft Is Buying Wands Labs For An Undisclosed Sum
- Microsoft announces .NET Core for MacOS and Linux
- Microsoft Exec Says Their Next Phone Will Be A High-End Model
- Older Nokia Lumia Windows Phone Devices Get Windows 10 — Microsoft Corporation
- West Ham United lodge €52m offer for Alexandre Lacazette
- Microsoft in Hot Water over Automatic Windows 10 Updates
- Is Microsoft clearing out the warehouse for a new Surface tablet?