But a damp track can also lead to unpredictability as Hamilton found out to his cost in 2014 when he aborted his final lap in qualifying - thinking he could not improve on his time - only to see others improve and he fell to sixth. He is the only driver in the top 10 who will start the race on soft-compound Pirellis having set his time using that tyre in Q2.
"It's a good concept, I am fully behind it, the team is fully behind the FIA for safety".
The dropzone featured the usual pretenders, though, with Williams' Lance Stroll being nudged out in P16, marking back-to-back Q1 eliminations for the Canadian rookie.
One proposal emerged on Friday when a privately owned company, London GP, issued a statement saying it had been developing plans over the last year for a race at the Olympic Park in East London.
Over 100,000 fans attended the free event in the capital for an eight-hour show on Wednesday where most current F1 drivers attended.
Sainz is keen to test the device, although Force India driver Esteban Ocon said there is little point trying the same specification any further following Vettel's "not really promising" verdict.
"For the drivers, from the inside it probably doesn't have the right development yet". A quick note: if his focus is on the BGP as stated, then one might wonder if the travel time of roughly eight hours total helped him to do such.
Bottas qualified fourth, but will drop to ninth place after a grid penalty for a gearbox change earlier this weekend. Vasseur comes to Sauber after formerly heading Renault when they returned to the sport and shepherding them from the bottom of the grid.
His team-mate Sergio Perez added: "From the outside it doesn't look too bad". His move to run Renault in 2016 looked to be the culmination of his efforts but he left at the end of the season in a disagreement regarding how the team should be run. Every time he gets in the car, he's just on it. Red Bull loves that about him and I can see why he's one of those once-in-a-generation talents that come to Formula 1, no question about it. "We have an agreement with Silverstone for three more years", he said.
- Presidente de Ecuador participará en Foro de Sao Paulo en Nicaragua
- Producción industrial bajó durante el mes de mayo según el DANE
- Gilles Muller outlasts Rafael Nadal in Wimbledon showdown
- Into 11th Wimbledon final, Federer faces Cilic for 8th title
- La defensa del Manchester City costaría 240 millones de euros
- Frenchman Barguil takes Tour de France stage
- Azota lluvia la ciudad; continuará pronóstico de lluvias intensas
- Kittel continues to be king of sprints — Tour de France
- Garbine Muguruza breezes into final — Wimbledon
- Ex delegado de SCT, cercano a hermano de titular de Segob