"I got a bit dizzy", the 30-year-old said.
Hamilton is bidding for a fourth successive win on home soil and a record-equalling fifth overall to enable him to cut into Vettel's 20-point lead in the title race after nine of this year's 20 races.
This is the third concept the FIA have used in a bid to find the best form of protection for racing drivers.
The FIA has been pushing ahead with the Shield as its preferred cockpit protection device this year, having previously worked to develop the Halo.
Less than a week after a somewhat flat Austrian contest in the Styrian Alps, where Valtteri Bottas triumphed for Mercedes and the two main protagonists finished second and fourth, a more feisty and fizzy affair at the flat but high-speed circuit is to be expected. "Silverstone is full of fast corners". The shield is said to be more visually appealing compared to the halo system.
"On Friday you don't run maximum performance". The test was not very conclusive today. "So, when you don't deliver and other things are stacked up against you, it's hard to come out smiling and be 'Oh, yeah, that's fine', because that means you don't care enough". "I haven't seen much yet but it's fun to drive around here!"
- Azota lluvia la ciudad; continuará pronóstico de lluvias intensas
- Un autobús se incendia y provoca la muerte de 14 personas — Ecuador
- It's not an easy task to replace Dani Ceballos — Setien
- Asesinan a director de la preparatoria perteneciente a la UANL
- Negaron entrada a Harrington a Asamblea de fiscales
- Detienen en Baja California a presunto homicida de la doctora Angélica Ciani
- James Rodríguez debuta en el Bayern en un amistoso
- Aaron Altherr sees new spot; Phillie-killer Ryan Braun returns — Tonight's lineup
- Cilic clasifica a la final de Wimbledon
- Producción industrial bajó durante el mes de mayo según el DANE