Tony Estanguet, co-president of France's bid committee told the AP that the gaming community need to be heart.
At this point, eSports, which is to say competitive video gaming (not that you likely needed that explanation), has been completely legitimized. "It's not about Olympics, '" said Estanguet, adding that the youth's interest in eSports makes it deserve consideration as a medal event. Let your child play non-contact, non-collision sports - there are so many of them. "Let's try if we can find some bridges", he said.
Estanguet didn't say it's a definite, but a conversation would be had about the possibility, saying, 'I don't want to say 'no' from the beginning.
The City of Los Angeles along with the United States Olympic Committee and LA 2028 Wednesday released an updated memorandum of understanding (MOU) defining how the three parties will work together in preparation for the 2028 Olympic and Paralympic Games.
Paris has not been officially announced as the host of the 2024 Olympics, but it is expected to be confirmed in September.
In 2014, Blizzard's former creative chief officer, Rob Pardo, said there was an excellent argument for video games to be part of the Olympics.
"The big question is in 2017, knowing what we know today, why would we continue to intentionally damage the brains of our children?"
The estimated cost of hosting the Tokyo Games has already doubled to 1.4 trillion yen from the 730 billion yen that was proposed when the Japanese capital won the bid in 2013.
Professional gaming has grown in popularity in recent years, players competing for glory in popular video games such as League of Legends and Call of Duty.
This includes receiving $1.8 billion (£1.4 billion/€1.5 billion) contribution has the potential to exceed $2 billion (£1.5 billion/€1.7 billion) according to the evaluation of the Los Angeles Bid Committee when taking into account the estimated value of existing sponsor agreements to be renewed and potential new marketing deals.
Also up in the air are which games might be featured. "This is my mandate now.".
- Admite La Haya demanda contra Duarte por crímenes de lesa humanidad
- Brasil recuperó el primer lugar, Uruguay sigue en el puesto 17
- OIM: "Ahogan deliberadamente" a 50 migrantes cerca de costa de Yemen
- Lobo marino rescatado en Morelia es trasladado a delfinario de Los Cabos
- Miguel Layún no arrancará temporada con Porto
- Neymar podría llevar al Barça ante la FIFA — PARAGUAY
- Baja participación de genéricos crea sobreprecios — Cofece
- Dos muertos por ataque contra base militar: Maduro
- "Chau mie%&" y se disparó en la boca en medio de clase
- "El recorte es para la infraestructura deportiva" — Santos