"We have a long history of cooperation with Microsoft, and we sincerely believe that these changes will make the cybersecurity market healthier", he added. Data on NVDIMM-N will even be available when the host machine is off. Microsoft would then allegedly disable the incompatible antivirus software after a Windows update and obfuscate the third-party antivirus notifications, which ended up reducing these companies' revenue.
"We have modified how Windows will inform users when their antivirus application has expired and is no longer protecting them", wrote Lefferts. The toast notification is now replaced with a persistent notification, which will remain on the screen until the user chooses to either renew the security solutions' license or rely on another security solution.
The software giant is making four major changes to Windows 10 Pro for Workstations to support high-end PC hardware.
"We see clearly - and are ready to prove - that Microsoft uses its dominant position in the computer operating system (OS) market to fiercely promote its own - inferior - security software (Windows Defender) at the expense of users' previously self-chosen security solution", Eugene Kaspersky, CEO of Kaspersky Labs, said in June. Choice is always good and being up front about it is the best approach.
Lefferts indicated that Microsoft will work with anti-virus partners more closely to address compatibility issues before Windows 10 updates get rolled out to customers.
Microsoft has promised to make it easier for anti-virus vendors to compete with its own anti-virus software.
SMB Direct. This is a faster file sharing offering across your enterprise network. It is not known if the updates have been released because the vulnerability has already been exploited or if updates were released as a 'just in case' measure, which seems more likely.
Are you a loyal reader of notebookcheck? Ten years ago, a 4S system of quad-cores would still have offered just 16 CPU cores and the same number of threads, since Intel's Core 2-derived Xeons never used Hyper-Threading. "I'm pleased to share these discussions have helped us clarify our roadmap and implementation plans". That is about a billion terabytes and 8 million years of 8k video.
Kaspersky Lab and Microsoft simultaneously announced that they've reached common ground on an antitrust complaint the antivirus vendor filed with Russian and European authorities in late 2016 and mid-2017, respectively.
- Premier League 2017-18 preview - Five factors that could decide the title
- Fiba Americup: Venezuela sufre costoso revés ante Islas Vírgenes
- Google homenajea en su 'doodle' al hip-hop
- EUA prepara nuevas sanciones contra gobierno de Maduro
- Pronostican lluvias en Jalisco, Sinaloa, Colima y Michoacán por zona de inestabilidad
- La emotiva carta de Gary Medel tras dejar el Inter de Milán
- Ruschel: "Messi merece todo lo que ha ganado"
- Insólito, una mujer confundió la entrada de un edificio con un estacionamiento
- Captan dramático momento en que le disparan a un hombre desnudo
- Credit Suisse bloquea bonos Pdvsa 2022, Soberano 2036