As Android O nears its official launch for phones and tablets, other Android-based platforms are beginning to transition over. Android O (possibly for Oreo) offers improved notification channels, picture-in-picture mode, unread notification app badges, adaptive icons, and better Bluetooth audio support, among other changes. One of the major and highly requested changes with DP5 is support for OpenGL ES 2.0 and WebView on the Raspberry Pi 3. Are you a techie who knows how to write?
Another new DP5 feature is the availability of Android Things samples directly within Android Studio for browsing and importing.
Google is no stranger to taking their sweet time to add what many see as basic features of smart devices. Users will be able to revert to the standard view by double tapping the screen again. First off, you can still use the initial method of swiping to move between the picture and video capture functions, but Google has also now added in a button next to the shutter button for video capture, so swiping won't be necessary if it will be easier for you to simply tap a button to enable video recording. This has been a part of the Hands-Free Profile (warning: PDF download link) for many years now, and iOS has had support for this specification for a long while. But until today, we've yet to see the upcoming smartphone leak in such great detail, as picked up by. The latest release makes "a number of UX improvements to the console to improve usability and functionality", says Google.
Since this is still a Developer Preview, there are a few known bugs.
Google has now updated its Camera app on the Google Play Store, bringing features that were originally only available to those on the Android O Developer Preview. The goal is to brighten your selfie with a warm color rather than cold flash of bright white, though it doesn't seem to have automatic white-balancing like the iPhone's camera. It's available to anyone with Nexus and Pixel devices using Android 7.1.1 and above.
- La Femexfut podría desafiliar a Rafa Márquez
- Moto X4 leaks: New Android attack on the midrange
- Wilstermann jugará como local ante River Plate el 14 de septiembre
- La reelección de Kennyata desata violentas protestas en Kenia
- De cuánto será la multa por no votar el domingo
- Consumer Reports withdraws recommendation for Microsoft Surface on high breakage rates
- "Franklin" se degrada a tormenta tropical
- Policía arresta a sospechoso de ataque contra soldados en París
- Capturan a hombre que emborrachaba a su hijo para no darle alimentación
- Experto: las sanciones contra Venezuela solo agravarán la situación en el país