Chelsea got their second goal when David Luiz volleyed the ball into the back of the net two minutes to the end of the match.
He brushed aside questions about reported tension with Chelsea's board over signing new players and said he was not anxious because three key players - Eden Hazard, Pedro and Victor Moses - could return from injury and suspension for Chelsea's next game against London rivals Tottenham Hotspur at Wembley.
In an exclusive sit down with Soccer AM's Tubes, which will air on Saturday as the show returns after the summer, Cahill said: "At the minute I think there are any of six teams who could lift the trophy, maybe even more, so it's going to be tough".
He said: "You can see it in the last three official games, we finished with 10 men [twice] against Arsenal and today with nine men".
"Instead, we conceded three goals and the second half was very hard to change the final result, despite the great commitment, great desire and great will of my players. It was a pity because our fight in the second half was very good", he said.
"After the red card [to Cahill] we lost our composure and conceded three goals". That is the only way for me and my players. We had to get on, get the job done and I'm pleased we have done that.
Mounie's goals were the first repayments on his club-record £11.4m transfer from Montpellier and sent David Wagner's men to the top of the fledgling standings. Fabregas departs. Not the greatest of starts for the champions.
In terms of teamnews, Sean Dyche has opted to go with a 4-5-1 formation, clearly created to frustrate the Blues.
Vokes made it 3-0 at the break, and Conte was fuming. "The first half pleased me because although Chelsea went to 10 men it was not easy".
The story of the match was nearly encapsulated in the first few minutes of play when Marcos Alonso's reckless challenge was punished with a yellow and Ben Mee headed straight at Thibault Courtois from the ensuing free kick. Here, these should keep you going until Match of the Day.
- Hacienda bloquea cuentas de Rafa Márquez y Julión Álvarez, reportan
- Alejandro Fernández muestra apoyo a Julión ya Rafa
- Asegura Peña Nieto que el tricolor derrotará a sus rivales
- Conflict with N. Korea will be 'shattering' - Australian PM warns
- CFK no podrá ir a votar a Río Gallegos
- Sanciona a 8 funcionarios más del gobierno venezolano
- Peña Nieto presumió que la Reforma Educativa ya no es una aspiración
- Marc Márquez marcó la pole del Moto GP en Austria
- UPDATED: Two die in state police helicopter crash near Charlottesville
- China pide "prudencia" a Estados Unidos y Corea del Norte