Last month, KGI's superb Apple analyst Ming-Chi Kuo (who had the best iPhone X leak of the year back in February) predicted that Apple would ship 2 million to 4 million units of the Apple iPhone X during the third quarter.
Although Apple is launching the new bezel-less, OLED-equipped iPhone X on November 3, with pre-orders commencing on October 27, the company is unlikely to meet the demand for the device until next year, making it extremely difficult for potential buyers to get their hands on the phone initially, according to a reliable Apple analyst. For all of 2017, Kuo said that Apple would deliver 45 million to 50 million iPhone X handsets.
He said "We believe the full screen design and facial recognition features will drive replacement demand for the iPhone X. However, due to supply constraints, we expect market demand won't be fully met before 1H18".
The downbeat note - which didn't even mention the iPhone X's staggering $999 price tag - came as the iPhone 8 and 8 Plus failed to generate a feeding frenzy after becoming available for pre-orders on Apple's site early Friday. Until then, consumers are bound to see supply shortages and extended shipping delays for the iPhone X. "We revise down our forecast for 2017F iPhone X shipments from 45-50 million to around 40 million units, but we therefore revise up our 2018 iPhone X shipment estimate to 80-90 million units", Kuo said.
iPhone X features the new A11 Bionic chip with a special neural engine that helps power Face ID which unlocks the device by taking a 3D scan of the users face.
The report shows neither KGI nor other Apple investors seem to be worried that the lack of a gold iPhone X option at launch will impact on the number of iPhone shipments.
- Disfrutan capitalinos el desfile de Independencia
- Gaza Crossings Sealed Off by Israeli State
- Inter derrota 2-0 al Crotone y asume liderato en Fútbol Italiano
- Huracán Irma avanza amenazante hacia Haití y República Dominicana
- Marco Asencio es baja en Champions por mala depilación
- La reacción de los venezolanos ante ayuda humanitaria de Maduro para Cuba
- ¡Alarma en Barcelona! Sale lesionado Dembélé
- Aerolíneas suspenden más de 25 vuelos por huracán Irma
- No sólo es Max ahora es Norma que amenaza también a México
- Mediadores del diálogo deben ser de países democráticos — Capriles