Red Bull will still be powered by Renault until the end of next season, but that deal is very unlikely to be extended given Renault's frustration about how they are regularly criticised for the the power they provide.
Sportsmail has learned that the French manufacturers have concluded that their fractious relationship with the Red Bull team has run its course, and will no longer supply them with engines from 2019.
Ayrton Senna's feud with fellow all-time great Alain Prost when the pair were at McLaren from 1988 to 1989 is the rivalry that has set the standard. There will be further developments with that but that doesn't relate to the engine.
Losing Ricciardo would be a major blow to the team as he has the potential to be a world champion, so Red Bull are eager to retain him.
As far as the rules are concerned, you try to beat the former, and try to help the latter.
In a sport where winning is determined by the machine as much as the man, the only true level playing field is between team-mates who drive the same car.
And the Australian has indicated Sunday's race in Singapore may be the best chance of the remaining seven grands prix to claim his second victory of the season.
It casts doubt on the future direction of Red Bull's two star drivers, Daniel Ricciardo and Max Verstappen.
He has arrived this year after six podiums in the last nine races.
"I've been here for quite a few years now and I think we need to make a bigger step next year than we did this year, to really convince me that I can win with them". "It's always good to have options". "We've fortunately got one this year", he said.
The International Automobile Federation (FIA) attempted to ban the use of team orders in 2002, but the sport's governing body retracted the ban in 2011 as teams were continuing to find ways around the rule.
"I know the challenge in qualifying will be a potentially stronger Ferrari and Mercedes but I'm confident we can stay up there and fight with them at the top". "Over the past decade the Singapore race has introduced many innovative elements and become an iconic and highly anticipated event on the F1 calendar", he said.
Earlier this week, it was reported that McLaren and Honda will be parting ways at the end of the current season of Formula 1.
- Huracán José amenaza noreste de EE.UU
- En Venezuela, la oposición exige garantías para avanzar en el diálogo
- Neymar, Cavani working for the team — Emery
- Ordenan secuestrar urnas en Cataluña para evitar el referendo secesionista en octubre
- Hillary Clinton says women didn't vote for her because of men
- UFC Fight Night 116: Rockhold vs. Branch Results
- Saldo blanco en la CDMX tras festividades por fiestas patrias
- Real Sociedad y la complicada visita del Madrid
- "Mercedes Aráoz tiene posibilidades de ser primera ministra" — Gino Costa
- Nuevo reloj Apple Watch vuelve realidad la fantasía de las historietas — VENEZUELA