There were a hurricane watch and tropical storm warning in effect for Lake Maurepas in Louisiana; west of Grand Isle to Morgan City, La.; and east of the Alabama/Florida border to the Okaloosa/Walton county line in Florida. Coffee, Dale, and Geneva counties, as well as the Florida counties of Holmes, inland Bay, north Walton, and Washington have been placed under a tropical storm watch.
Morgan City, Louisiana to the mouth of the Mississippi River: 4 to 6 feet. The latest forecast from the National Hurricane Center has remained fairly the same, keeping the track to the west of central Georgia.
A storm surge watch is in effect on Florida's Gulf Coast to Indian Pass, Florida.
September marked the single most active month for Atlantic hurricanes in recorded history.
A coastal flood advisory will remain in effect through Saturday afternoon due to elevated water levels along the intracoastal waterway and Atlantic surf zone during the high tides.
The minimum central pressure is 984 mb. Just about all of the models are in agreement of Nate making landfall over SE Louisiana by late Saturday night into early Sunday morning.
An Air Force Reserve Hurricane Hunter flew into the center of the storm Friday night and reported hurricane force winds.
Forecasters say they expect the system to become the season's ninth hurricane as it nears Mexico's Yucatan peninsula. That doesn't mean we are out of the woods, though. By midafternoon yesterday, Nate was moving at 21 mph.
Mississippi's government said it would open 11 evacuation shelters in areas away from the immediate coast, with buses available for people who can't drive.
Strong winds and heavy rain will increase on the Gulf Coast late tonight and through the day Saturday.
Nate, which currently has 50 mile (85 kilometer) per hour winds, is forecast to reach hurricane strength by the time it makes landfall in the United States late Saturday on the north coast of the Gulf of Mexico.
- PGR investiga homicidio de dos agentes investigadores
- PERÚ: Todos unidos por la Teletón 2017: hoy continúa jornada de solidaridad
- Arrestan a rapero Nelly por presunta violación
- Álvaro Ortiz registra nueva Asociación Mexicana de Futbolistas
- Huracán Nate toca tierra en el sur de Estados Unidos
- Apple iPhone 8 batteries swelling, says they are looking into the problem
- Dominique Metzger recordó a Edgardo Antoñana en su primer programa sin él
- Chicago Cubs: "The Professor" gave a great lecture in Game 1
- Exministro de Justicia: "El país merece explicación por cambios en Gracias Presidenciales"
- Sampaoli probó otro esquema en la segunda práctica de la Selección Argentina