Harvey Weinstein's wife is dumping the disgraced moviemaker amid his spiraling sex scandal - saying she needs time away from him to care for their kids.
Even then, though, the "Spectre" actress recognized that the movie mogul had ulterior motives - and that turning down his advances would prove difficult.
UltraViolet co-founder Nita Chaudhary explained in a press release why it's so important to speak out against the culture of silence often found in Hollywood.
One feminist organization has a powerful message for Harvey Weinstein and the powers that be in Hollywood: Stop enabling abuse. We must wonder if Weinstein fell because his enormous influence, and the power structures that helped protect it, had already begun to fade. Now you can say, "Alexa, what's my flash briefing?" and you will hear that day's episode of "The Daily". All throughout the evening, he flirted and started at me as if I was a piece of meat... Aaron Blake writes at the Washington Post that he finds that exercise "tiresome", and that Republicans have a fragile claim on the moral high ground after Donald Trump's candidacy and allegations of sexual harassment that emerged during the campaign.
In a statement to the NYT on Tuesday, Weinstein's spokesperson, Sallie Hofmeister added: "Any allegations of non-consensual sex are unequivocally denied by Mr. Weinstein".
Reddock-Wright adds that the statute for civil suits is much shorter - one year for alleged misconduct, with one caveat. "Caring for my young children is my first priority and I ask the media for privacy at this time". "Any individual who feels that she may have been the victim of a crime by this person in Manhattan is strongly encouraged to contact our Office's Sex Crimes Hotline at (212) 335-9373". Plenty of executives and stars in the entertainment industry have been publicly accused-in some cases multiples times-of sexual harassment, sexual assault, or rape, but are still in positions of power. I don't think he's going to want to sit in multiple depositions and everything that comes with a criminal trial.
"He's admitted to the behavior on some level", she says. "He's big and fat, so I had to be forceful to resist him". They'll have a hell of a time unhitching them, even if they do gain some competence for the effort, and there's not too many other wagons left for their progressive agenda after that. "He will not be available for further comments, as he is taking the time to focus on his family, on getting counseling and rebuilding his life".
- ¡SURREAL!: Pinto confiesa que pidió ayuda a Layún y este se negó
- Las declaraciones de Simeone por el partido de Messi ante Ecuador
- Fox y Marvel lanza el tráiler de 'X-Men' los nuevos mutantes
- Este viernes se reanuda juicio contra exgobernante de facto guatemalteco, Ríos Montt
- Robert Pattinson y FKA Twigs se separan
- Emotivo: el baile de Jey Mammon por la diversidad sexual en "ShowMatch"
- Autoridades venezolanas ofrecen balance de los preparativos para comicios regionales
- Huracán 'Ofelia' podría impactar en Europa en los próximos días
- Desaparece otra joven en Guerrero; Mónica llamó a su mamá
- Acusan que Jara dejó a Werner con secuelas por el codazo