Kim Jong Nam was seen arriving at the departure hall of the Kuala Lumpur international airport the morning of February 13 and moving to a check-in area.
Indonesian Siti Aisyah, 25, and Doan Thi Huong, 28, a Vietnamese, are charged with murdering Kim with VX at Kuala Lumpur airport on Feb 13.
"The man (seen) walking together with Doan is referred to as Mr Y", he said, adding that the man had smeared a liquid, believed to be VX, onto Doan's hands.
Wan Azirul Nizam added that Jong-Nam's original passport, bearing the name Kim-Chol, was handed over to the North Korean embassy and that he was present when a copy of the passport was made by the police.
Consistent movements of personnel and equipment were being detected in certain locations in the North, Yonhap news agency reported, suggesting that preparations for another weapons test might be under way.
Their defense lawyers have said Huong and Aisyah were duped by suspected North Korean agents into believing they were playing a harmless prank for a TV show.
Prosecutors said previously the women knew they were handling poison when they killed Kim.
Security videos presented at the trial Wednesday showed the women hurrying off to separate washrooms after the alleged attack on Kim, with their hands held away from their bodies as if to avoid contact.
Huong and Aisyah have pleaded not guilty to murder charges that carry a mandatory death sentence if they are convicted.
Wan Azirul named the two other at-large suspects as James, who is suspected of recruiting Siti Aisyah, and Hanamori, nicknamed Grandpa-Uncle, suspected of giving orders to Mr Y. The lawyer said James had Aisyah go to malls, hotels and airports and rub oil or pepper sauce on strangers which he would film on his phone, and paid Aisyah between $100 and $200 for each prank.
Pyongyang conducted its fifth nuclear test on the anniversary of the founding day of North Korea last year.
According to the AP report, police said Chang was in fact Hong Song Hak and James was also known as Ri Ji U. The latter was one of three North Koreans identified by Malaysian police as persons sought for questioning in the murder probe.
Wan Azirul Nizam also told the court that Mr Chang, identified with Siti in another piece of footage, had smeared the oily substance on her hands.
The trial is to resume on Oct. 24 with a visit to the crime scene at the airport.
- ¡AH, BUENO! Guido Süller se comprometió con Tomasito
- How to rebuild Puerto Rico: Rubio asks Trump to call in experts
- Health Advisory Over Wildfire Smoke Extended Into Weekend
- FEF sanciona a cinco jugadores por actos de indisciplina en la Selección
- Rajoy reclamó a Puigdemont que aclare si declaró la independencia — ARGENTINA
- Punto muerto sobre Brexit obstaculiza negociación de futura relación UE-RU
- Fernando Gago fue operado con éxito de la rodilla
- Susto y preocupación por Iripino
- Aprueban ley contra la desaparición forzada de personas
- USA and Canada talk NAFTA trade deal in Washington